I was weighed at Ideal Protein Weight Loss Clinic this morning and have another three pound loss and inches gone. I was able to have a nap this afternoon and exercise this morning with Sit and Be Fit. It felt so good to stretch!
I had time to think about happy memories which helped me feel better and stay positive. I’ve also used a mantra of ” Day by Day, everyday I feel better and better.”
In the past I was not able to think of my happy memories, only tragedies and illness. So I sat down and let the memories come and I came up with these:
- Playing at the Holman farm in the tall grass and jumping down the haystacks. Travelling on the Lethbridge dayliner to Taber when I was two years old.
- Visiting the Calgary Zoo. My favorites were Polar Bears, monkeys, giraffes and elephants.
- Christmas time, decorating the tree, having dad dressed up as Santa Claus come visit my bedroom I shared with Betty Lou to tell us we’d better go to sleep and in the morning finding my favorite doll, I named Patti.
- Picking up our adopted son Jon at the hospital and feeling he was meant to be ours.
- Nursing our two other two sons and holding their tiny bodies next to mine.
- Seeing my boys get married, walking Jon down the aisle.
- Holding my grandchildren for the first time.
- Being a bridesmaid at my sister Betty Lou’s wedding.
- Having a bath in the kitchen sink when I was very young.
- Bathing my own babies.
When negative thoughts come into my mind I can rely on this list to become more positive.